Hey, how are you awesome people doing today?? I hope you’re all doing great but we are here today to talk about an incredible new MMO called New world! New world will be fully releasing on august 31st.
New world is an MMO being developed by Amazon games. They’ve only developed and fully released one game prior to this Crucible, which was a large failure and only had the servers run for under a half-year. However, New World seems to be their true flagship game as more and more people are playing the closed beta that is running through July 20th – August 2nd. I personally have already put a lot of time into the game, and have been loving every second of the experience they’ve created.
New World Attributes
New World has an interesting take on MMO’s as they’ve created a classless system that is very unique in the MMO landscape. Normally in MMO’s you’d pick a class and the class would have certain abilities based around an aspect of gameplay. However, in New world, you can change your playstyle at a moment’s notice by switching weapons and resetting your attribute points for a small price.
New World Attributes
New world attributes contain 5 different attribute categories in New World. Each attribute class also has Milestones at 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300. Each milestone grants a more powerful bonus than the last and can be used to create synergy between the attributes.
Strength: Which affects the Sword and shield, Great Axe, War Hammer, Hatchet, and Spear.
Each point put into the attribute gives
- +2.5% War Hammer Damage
- +2% Sword Damage
- +1.5% Hatchet Damage
Threshold bonuses for strength.
50: +5% damage to melee weapon light attacks, +10% mining speed.
100: +10% damage to melee weapon heavy attacks, +20 encumbrance.
150: +50% stamina damage from melee weapon light and heavy attacks, -10% decrease in weight of mined items.
200: +10% damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies, +10% mining speed.
250: Stamina regen is faster while performing light and heavy attacks with melee weapons, +10% yield increase when mining.
300: Light and heavy attacks with melee weapons gain Grit, 25% chance to fully mine an ore node with a single swing.
Dexterity: Which affects the Spear, Musket, Rapier, Bow, Hatchet, and the Sword and Shield.
Each attribute point put into dexterity gives
- +0.5% Sword Damage
- +1% Hatchet Damage
- +2.4% Bow Damage
- +2.5% Musket Damage
Threshold bonuses for Dexterity
- 50: +5% chance to critical hit, +10 skinning speed
- 100: +5% Thurst damage, +20% haste for 3 seconds after skinning
- 150: Dodging cost 10 less stamina, -10% decrease in weight of skinned items
- 200: +10% bonus backstab and headshot damage, +10% skinning speed
- 250: +10% bonus critical hit damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies, +10% yield increase when skinning
- 300: Ammo has +15% chance of being returned, guaranteed critical hit after a dodge roll (can only trigger once every 10 seconds)
Intelligence: Which affects the Fire staff, Ice gauntlet, Rapier, and the Musket.
Each attribute point put into Intelligence gives
+2.5% Magic Weapon Damage
Threshold bonus for intelligence.
- 50: +10% damage to light and heavy magic attacks, +10% harvest speed
- 100: +10% critical hit damage, 5% chance to gain 1 azoth when harvesting
- 150: +15% to elemental damage, -10% decrease in weight of harvested items
- 200: +10 mana after a dodge, +10% harvest speed
- 250: +30% duration to damage of time spells, +10% yield increase when harvesting
- 300: +30% damage on first hit on full health target, -10% reduction in Azoth travel cost
Focus: This only affects the healing staff.
Each attribute point put into focus gives
- +2% Mana Regen Rate
- +0.5% Cooldown Reduction
Threshold bonus for Focus
- 50: +10% mana regeneration rate, +10% fishing line tension
- 100: +20 to mana pool, +10% yield increase when salvaging
- 150: +20% healing output, -10% decrease in weight of fishing items
- 200: +20% duration on casted buffs, +10% fishing line tension
- 250: +30 mana on any self or group kill, +10% increase to caught fish size
- 300: When mana hits zero gain 200% mana regen for 10s (60s cooldown), 10% cooldown reduction for Inn fast travel
Constitution: This only affects your health pool.
Each point put into Constitution works a bit differently than the rest as it scales down the more points you put into it. Each point starts by giving out 25 hp per point but decreases down to 21 points of hp.
Threshold bonus for Constitution
- 50: All health consumables +20% stronger, +10% logging speed
- 100: Increase max health by 10% of physical armor, -10% reduction on durability loss for tools
- 150: -10% reduction to crit damage taken, -10% decrease in weight of logging items
- 200: +20% increase to armor, +10% logging speed
- 250: -80% damage reduction when full health, +10% yield increase when logging
- 300: +20% duration of stun, slow, and root spells, 25% chance to chop down a tree in a single swing
The max points you can get purely from levels is 190 for attributes and additionally, you can gain attribute points from equipment. In New World, it is a very unique progression system as there are no defined classes. This allows you to really be creative and switch around everything at a moment’s notice.
New World Trading Skills
In New World, they’ve implemented a farming skill tab that is pretty normal to most MMO genre games. However, in this farming tab its split into 3 different categories going from gathering to refining to crafting. New world has a lot of different resources to collect so check this resource guide out.
The gathering category is comprised of 5 skills. Logging is the harvesting of trees and lumber. Mining is the act of breaking boulders and mining ore. Fishing is locating a nice fishing spot with bait. Harvesting is the collection of alchemical herbs and plant fibers. Tracking and skinning are about hunting down animals and skinning their hides.
As you level up each of the gathering skills you will unlock new resources to collect.
The refining category is comprised of 5 skills that refine the resources you collect. Woodworking is the refining of wood and lumber. Smelting is the refining of ores. Weaving is the refining of plant fibers. Leatherworking is the refining of animal hides. STone cutting is the refining of stone and gems.
Refining skills will be leveled up as you refine the raw resources. As you level your refining skills you will be able to craft higher quality materials.
In New World, the crafting category comprises 7 different skills that use the resources refined and gathered to craft items. Weaponsmithing uses ingots that have been refined from ore to craft weapons and tools. Armoring craft armors with refined resources. The engineering tree crafts ranged weaponry and ammo such as the bow or musket. Jewel crafting makes trinkets with refined ores and jewels. Arcana is used for crafting potions, tinctures, and magical weapons these items are crafted from alchemical ingredients. Cooking allows you to craft food that increases health and Magicka regeneration. Furnishing allows you to craft furniture for your homes. Also, the only place you can currently craft is in settlements and some towns do have tax fees for crafting, depending on the faction it could be lower or higher. Also, items that are crafted are tiered 1-5 and to craft the higher-level items the workbench needs to be either the same or greater tier of the item crafted.
In conclusion, You should try to level these skills as fast as you can and reach level 60. This will allow you to take full advantage of the player market and become a PVP god among your faction. New world is still in closed beta until august 2nd and will fully release on august 31st so be ready. Hope to see you in Aeternum. 🙂
Check out more articles at Thegamersmind.com